Concerts, cabaret, film presentations and art markets in a historic atmosphere: The Redoute ballrooms (small and big Redoute ballrooms) are situated in the building of the town theatre in the Prince Bishop’s opera house and are used for a variety of reasons. From congress to concert, from main general meetings to weddings - everything can be carried out and witnessed in “the Redoute”.
The Redoute has, as well as the theatre building itself, a magnificent past. The Prince Bishop Johann Philipp Graf von Lamberg (1689-1712) commissioned a two-storied building between the theatre (then known as the ball house) and the residence situated above. On its roof, a gorgeous garden was created. Artful flower beds, special saplings and shrubs, rippling fountains: The “hanging gardens” were widely known back then. Prince Bishop Joseph Franz Anton Graf von Auersperg eventually gave the two-storied building its purpose by commissioning a expansion into a ballroom. This was an important innovation back then, as now the citizens of Passau were also allowed to use it. Music, theatre and culture could be enjoyed here - amenities that were only reserved to the Prince Bishop and his court.
The Redoute is also used as a conference and congress location.
• Public disabled parking in front of building (Gottfried-Schäffer-Straße 3)
• Elevator to get to event rooms
• Handicapped lavatory (via elevator)